Richmond Education Centre/Academy's School Advisory Council meets 6 to 7 times per year. Each year, we hold our first meeting at a date and time set by the previous council. At the first meeting, convenient times for council members are discussed and meeting dates for the remainder of the year are set. Please contact the school if you are interested in joining our School Advisory Council.
2017-2018 SAC Meeting Dates/Times
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 3:30 pm where we will set meeting times for the upcoming school year
The School Advisory Council (SAC) is a legally recognized body composed of the principal and representatives of parents/guardians, students, teachers, and support staff and community members who work together to enhance the quality of education provided by the school.
The School Advisory Council has many functions including:
· Bringing educational partners together to improve student learning;
· Participating in school improvement planning;
· Reporting on student success via the Annual Report;
· Advising on school policies;
· Encouraging positive relations between school, parents, and the community
Please note that minutes of the most current SAC meeting are posted as a way of keeping stakeholders informed. They are not APPROVED until the next meeting when it is so moved and seconded, followed by a vote on the motion, to adopt minutes as either presented or amended. Click on the link below to access the required files.
Meeting Minutes: May 16, 2017 HERE